To My Fellow Nurse Leaders,
What a journey … My book is moving closer to publication.
I will have more details in the official Launch.
For now … this is what the book cover will say:
This book is about my life and career as a wife, mother and nurse leader in health care. For years I failed to lead caring. I knew I had sold my soul to the health care industry. As a student of caring science, I learned that who we are is how we lead. This connected me to my purpose and renewed my caring consciousness as a leader.
• Patients are no longer seeking all things medical in their health care encounters. Patients are seeking authentic connections in their vulnerability and are turning to nurses.
• Nurses’ authentic caring capacity is waning. Health care is a beast to work in and drives nurses out of nursing. Nurses often feel alone and without purpose.
• My purpose:
- to highlight the contextual forces impacting all nurses,
- to highlight how caring consciousness cultivation keeps nurses in nursing,
- a call to action for leaders to give voice to authentic caring and help nurses thrive in nursing.
• Reversing attrition is our 21st-century challenge. Health care will not change soon. Help is needed now.
• We can no longer expect nurses to juggle clinical demands and authentic caring without support. Caring engagement conversations is one step forward.
• Nurses thriving is our 21st-century legacy. Nurse leaders can save nurses from leaving nursing.
If this topic resonates with you, You Are In the Right Place
More later, much more …..